I have been involved in sports and fitness since I was able to walk. Growing up I was passionate about gymnastics and spent 11 years competing nationally and internationally. I also participated in competitive basketball, soccer and track and field through junior high, high school and into my mid 20's.
Along with my passion for competing was a love for teaching and I transitioned into the role of coach. I spent 10 years coaching children and young adults in recreational and competitive gymnastics.
• B.A. Psychology and Sociology: University of Alberta graduated 2001
• Group Exercise Specialist: AB Fitness Leadership Certification Association 2001-2017
• Personal Trainer Specialist: Can Fit Pro 2003-2017
• Medical Exercise Specialist: American Academy of Health, Fitness and Rehab Professionals 2006, Advanced Course 2007
• Life Coaching: for Personal Trainers and Managers 2006, 2007
• Essentials of Sport and Exercise Nutrition: 2011
• Gymnastics Coach, Level II, NCCP, Coaching Association of Canada 2002
• Can Fit Pro Conference, Toronto 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2011, 2012, 2014
• Canadian Champion: Tumbling, 1993
• World Age Groups: 5th Place, World Tumbling Championship, Portugal, 1993
• Athlete of the Year: JH Picard School 1994
• World Record Holder: Women’s 60Kg Bench Press 2013
• National Powerlifting Title: Women’s 60KG 2012, 2013, 2014
My training style is completely based on my client’s needs and goals. I will design a program that is specifically for you and I can help you with your nutrition goals too. I focus on the basic lifts in an encouraging and fun way! As a busy working mom I understand the challenges and importance of balancing work, family and yourself.
I have continued to challenge myself with different fitness goals along the way. I enjoy running and have dabbled in a half marathon race as well as a Tough Mudder. In my 30’s I got involved in competitive Powerlifting. I am also an active participant in my son’s athletic endeavours as a volunteer soccer coach and hockey team manager.